knight gobys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alison73

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi guys, does anyone have any info on these lil fellas? just bought them today and im trying to find out how to tell which one is female..

They are a brackish water fish so I hope you aren't keeping them in FW. I'm not sure how to sex them.

I've read a little bit on these guys when I was looking at bumble bee gobies. The knight gobies are found naturally in rivers but they are close to the ocean so they call it a tidal zone, I think. This means that some saltwater maybe present, ie brackish. Correct me if I am wrong as I am going from memory!

I've read multiple places that they prefer freshwater however. As far as foods, if I can remember correctly, they prefer live foods, mosquito larvae, inverts, and small fish. They are rather fussy in regards to water parameters. I wouldn't put these guys in a new(er) tank. I think they would do best in an established tank. HTH!

I've always read that they are best kept in brackish water. If you attempt a BW tank, you'll need to do so with marine salt, not aquarium salt.

thanks for the info guys, looks like ive definatly lost one, the other seems ok for now, we shall have to see i guess..the guy at my LFS knows what tank i got and the fish i have and he often tells me what i can and cant have in my tank, hes pretty good with advice.(just didnt tell me anything about these lil fellas lol...) thanks again...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom