Kordon Ich-attack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AaronW

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ey all. Made a trip down to my LFS today. My tank has been hit with some Ich. It's been about 5 days. I've raised the temp and killed the lights (heard that helps with the treatment). But now I'll be dosing kordon's Ich attack. I chose it because I have clown loaches.

From what I've heard it's supposed to
Be safe for them.

Anyway I'd like to hear some experiences from those who've used this product.

Thanks!

I've never used that product. I have always had luck with just raising the temp slowly to 86f and keeping it there for 1week after the spots are gone. During this time you have to do frequent vacuuming of the tank.

I used it along with the heat. Not sure if it actually did anything or not. But my tank recovered. If I remember correctly, it turned the water dark and made a foamy film at the top. I had a lot of bubbles going and had lowered the water level to create more agitation. People raved about it though.

Hholly said:
I used it along with the heat. Not sure if it actually did anything or not. But my tank recovered. If I remember correctly, it turned the water dark and made a foamy film at the top. I had a lot of bubbles going and had lowered the water level to create more agitation. People raved about it though.

Hmm I keep hearing that it goofs up the water. But it didn't with mine. I also used a full dose. But I need to add an airstone. I don't have too much agitation. But all my fish seem to be doing alright.

Mrscbennett said:
I've never used that product. I have always had luck with just raising the temp slowly to 86f and keeping it there for 1week after the spots are gone. During this time you have to do frequent vacuuming of the tank.

I've raised the temp. But i wanna speed up the process so I can rehome 4 of my fish.

I've used it a couple of times. Darkens the water and it smells (not just the tank but the room the tank is in). I only raised my temp to 82 (from 77). Most recent use was for about 2 weeks (did not quarantine fish from PetSmart). It worked. But given my stock (Gold Tetras and Blue Danios) I wonder if raising the temp to 86 with no meds would have worked as well.

Fresh2o said:
I've used it a couple of times. Darkens the water and it smells (not just the tank but the room the tank is in). I only raised my temp to 82 (from 77). Most recent use was for about 2 weeks (did not quarantine fish from PetSmart). It worked. But given my stock (Gold Tetras and Blue Danios) I wonder if raising the temp to 86 with no meds would have worked as well.

Haha I haven't smelled anything yet. But I guess I won't really know how it's working for a few days. But I'm hoping I have a positive experience.

never ised the ick attack, but i use Kordon's rid-ich plus for all ich, or fungal issues with my fish... recently cleared a betta of ich in 3 treatments, 12 hrs apart... and its safe for loaches... the heat in the betta tank is 80... good luck! hope ur fish recover...

Back
Top Bottom