Krib in trouble?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sabrehorn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My male krib seems to be in trouble or something. His color is faded, he won't swim with the female and the fry, and he seems to like the heater a bit more. He doesn't seem to have any open sores or fungus. I put some API Stresszyme and Stress coat in there recently. Is there anything else I should try?
I do have a 20h I can put him in but I already have a betta in there and there are no hiding spaces.

might want to move him to the 20. maybe add some rocks or something for him. never spawned kribs before, but if it is there first spawning maybe he was eating some of the fry and the female ran him off (my convicts did that when they had their first spawning) keep an eye on him. you could try treating him with some melifix and primafix (mild anti-bacterial and anti-fungal treatment) as a precaution.

EDIT: how are the kribs working with the apistos? i doubt that the apistos are beating him up, but you never know :?

Back
Top Bottom