krib question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So i have a male and female krib (had about a year now) my female is always brightly colored but it seems all my male wants to do is chase her. I haven't been able to breed them yet but trying. My big question is should i get another female because I'm afraid that he is stressing out my female by chasing her all the time.

Usually, they settle down as a mated pair fairly quickly. If this hasn't happened within a year, it's not going to happen.

Are you sure they haven't spawned at all?

What else is in the tank with them?

Im not sure if they have spawned or not they just got moved into their own tank about 2 weeks ago. The only thing with them is 2 farlowello cats. She is always bright in color and he for the first time that I've seen got a bright red belly. He just chases her so much I'm just making sure that it won't stress her to death

That's part of what they do, is chase each other. It's typical krib behavior.

What were they with before?

What size tank are they in now and what were they before?

You do not have to relocate them to successfully spawn, just so you know. I had mine in a community tank and even let the fry grow up there, too.

LyndaB said:
That's part of what they do, is chase each other. It's typical krib behavior.

What were they with before?

What size tank are they in now and what were they before?

You do not have to relocate them to successfully spawn, just so you know. I had mine in a community tank and even let the fry grow up there, too.

They are in a 40g now they were in a 55g with
6 bleeding hearts
9 rummy nose
5 peppered cory
5 albino cory
1 dwarf gourmi
And the 2 farlowellos
I didnt take them out for breeding i took them out cause i changed my 55g to a cichlid tank but i wanted to keep them

Give them plenty of cover, give them caves, and I think you'll see some action. Especially if he's coloring up, too. If they start to shimmy at each other, you're in for a real treat.

Back
Top Bottom