KRIBENSIS: 2 females no males?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thegundog

Aquarium Advice Freak
It appears (hopefully) that I am on the last phase of my cycle for my 29 gallon planted feshwater tank and now I am beginning to think harder, more seriously, on my stocking.

I love Kribensis, they appear to be available in my area, my water parameters appear to fit their need and they appear to be a good beginner fish.

My plans are to be that of a community tank and I would like to minimize the drama if at all possible with good stocking decisions.

Right now I have no desire to breed Kribs.

Along with the plants my setup includes a couple of cave structures, some wood and rocks.

Question #1: Will one female live in harmony without another species partner?

Question #2: Honestly....... I would prefer two Kribs, can I stock with two females and will they be able to live a joyous existence with each other without a male?

Based on my needs as described what are your thoughts on having all female Kribs?

Thank You.......

Sure, you can keep 2 females together. With no males around they should get along fine. Or, if you decide you want just 1 krib, that would be fine too. If you have no desire to breed I would definitely not recommend a pair for you, since pairs often tend to breed whether we want them to or not. :)

If a pair were to breed, how aggressive will they get?
I have a 155g with sand substrate and a dozen large rocks and plants, and I am interested in getting a male and female.
My tank is a FW community with only five Cory catfish and four juvenile angels.
I plan to get two more juvenile angels for a total of six, and maybe a school of rasbora.

Back
Top Bottom