Kribs and mbuna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kado

Aquarium Advice Activist
What's everyone's opinion on housing kribs and mbuna together? I currently have 9 African cichlids including nyassie peacock yellow labs red zebra iceberg zebra and cat fish and have a close friend trying to convince me that kribs will be fine.
Just after some advice as I've read a lot of articles and can't seem to find a definite yes or no.

Only if you want dead kribs. They defiantly do not mix. They are both Africans but from way different environments. I have kribs in a community tank. They wouldn't last long with mbuna. I would strongly advise against it

Pretty much what I thought. Thanks :)

Only if you want dead kribs. They defiantly do not mix. They are both Africans but from way different environments. I have kribs in a community tank. They wouldn't last long with mbuna. I would strongly advise against it

They live in basically opposite water parameters in the wild. A spawning pair of kribs can be quite nasty but not to the level of mbuna. Just to reafirm.

Back
Top Bottom