Kribs with GBRs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cinnastix911

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello! I have decided to use my 55 gal as more a dwarf cichlid variety and I wanted to start fairly easy, kribs, but I also was hoping on fitting some GBRs in. So I was wondering if they are compatible and if so, what m/f ratios would work with them?

The tank has quite a bit of driftwood and slate with 2 definite cave areas but lots of potential for more depending on how picky the individuals happen to be. There are also some plants- mostly anubias and they were inexpensive so if they are destroyed I wouldn't be heart wrenched. The tank currently holds 4 kuhli loaches and soon some 3/4 in. BN plecos.

Thank you!

You will be best with pairs of GBR's and Kribs. I wouldn't put more than 4 GBR's and 4 Kribs in that tank since you are loading up the bottom of the tank with loaches and BN plecos. I wouldn't put more than 2 BN plecos in that tank. Might want to consider adding fish that swim in other levels of the tank to round it out.

I wasn't planning on keeping them all. Growing them out to a decent size and then selling them off to the LFS. What would be compatible top dwellers that aren't especially bland?

Back
Top Bottom