Kuhli Loach question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine hide constantly, at night they come out. If you cant see em for days they are in the substrate.

they prefer sand like most bottom dwellers due to it being softer then gravel however mine burrow into the gravel more then they did with the sand.

Hey! Since the removal of the goldfish, the kuhli's have started coming out to play! It's been 3 days, and they are out and about at noon! I love their squigly swimming pattern and their digging around in the rocks!

Oh, and I saw all 5 of them today! I haven't seen them all since I put them in the tank a week and a half ago and I was worried that one might have died. THey all seem happy and active today, though!

I hope they aren't active because they are stressed, though. I hope they are active because they've become adjusted to the tank! I'll check the water parameters ASAP to double check but yesterday they were perfect... At least Ammonia and Nitrites...

I think they are fine. They are just naturally crazy lol! Do you have the striped ones or the brown ones? Are they doing laps around your thermometer yet? That is REALLY funny. Have you had a chance to look at their little faces? They are actually really cute lol! Glad to hear yours are doing good!
Also, my Kuhli's seem to be the heartiest fish I have gotten besides the bettas. I have not lost ANY of them.

Last edited:
I think they are fine. They are just naturally crazy lol! Do you have the striped ones or the brown ones? Are they doing laps around your thermometer yet? That is REALLY funny. Have you had a chance to look at their little faces? They are actually really cute lol! Glad to hear yours are doing good!

They are doing elevator laps - up and down and up and down in one corner - with the occasional aquarium lap, but not by the heater yet.

They are the striped ones - and it`s neat because they all have different stripe patterns. One has every other stripe that is missing, one has every single stripe, one is missing just a couple. I wish they`d sit still just a second so I can be sure to be able to tell the individuals apart.

I can`t tell you how happy I am that they are all still there. I was worried that my temperature fluctuated too much before I got my new heater (sunday).

If I was a small fish, Id be thrilled to live in that tank! Even more so when I get a couple live plants this weekend!

Sounds great! I am glad you are enjoying them! LOL @ elevator laps! I guess that's what mine do too. It's really funny when there are 4-5 of them going around and around lol! Mine are the brown ones though. LFS didn't have striped ones.

Back
Top Bottom