Kuhli loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I want to get kuhlis for my 20g because I love the way they look. I have kuhlis in a 10g right now as a clean up crew and I know they like to be in schools of 6 or more. My question is I want to do something a little different than a bunch of black Kuhli or striped Kuhli. I want to get every subspecies of Kuhli but would they school or would I need 6 of each kind. I know there are 7 types of Kuhli and I don't think a 20g can hold 42 Kuhli and a dojo

Keep calm and drum on

I absolutely LOVE khuli loaches :D

42 Khuli for a 20gal is a bit of a stretch, since they can get up to 5 inches long. They don't really "school", however they are a very social fish. I wouldn't get every species, but that is ultimately your decision. Dojo's can get VERY big, and will grow out of a 20gal eventually.

I would get like 10-15 khuli and see where that gets you. (if you have enough room that is lol)

What else do you have in your 20gal?

Getting every species of kuhli would be incredible as some are very, very rare. Really it's a crapshoot what kind you can get. Generally though I've found multiple species will associate with each other. The only thing I haven't tried is black kuhlis with striped. Maybe get a few different species of striped and then 5 black?

The kuhlis I currently have are all black with 1 striped and the dojo will probably go into the 55g that I was going to do brackish but can't find any of the fish at a reasonable price so it'll be fresh water instead

Keep calm and drum on

Back
Top Bottom