Kuhli loaches in a 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think a 10g is fine. They have been in my 10g a year and are perfectly happy. They stay very small. About the size of a pencil cut in half. As they get older their midsections will get bigger around but they don't get much longer than the length they are in the LFS.

True that. They just get fat. In HUGE groups they are very active. In a group of >6 they stay fairly inactive, and when they do move, its when most bottom dwellers are napping.

I've had some in a 10 before and they looked great, really great, just remember to feed them after lights out.

20long hitech/10gal shrimptech

Okay! I'll keep that in mind, I tried to feed them yesterday when the tank lights were on, but I don't think they touched it. I ended up taking that shrimp pellet out.

unless you have ALOT, they will only venture out at night, or if starving, will come out in day. just drop a piece after lights out, and check back in the morning, if still some left, feed less next time. they dont eat much..a bloodworm or two a piece really..

10 gallons is that enough, if they are inactive then they are unhappy

lots of aquatic animals are fairly inactive. My pleco has his wood perch cave, and I never see him, noone sees their plecos (that) often.

10 is ok, but bigger is better. A kuhli only 10gal would be the best, but a small bottom feeder herd (3 or 4) I think is fine. Unless they are in huge groups, they are pretty lazy

20long hitech/10gal shrimptech

I have four in a 30g and I see them a lot. Every day when I feed they come flying out like maniacs and snarf up whatever hits the bottom. If you can plant your tank and/or have driftwood and rocks so they can hide if they want. Mine always liked to lay in the plants.

Plecos usually are not that active

Every time I see my tank, they are chasing each other all over the place

Back
Top Bottom