Kuhli loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been doing some reading on Kuhli loaches and ive been contemplating on getting those instead of more corydoras. I know they like PH levels up to 7.0. I'm sure they can adapt to a higher ph but I'm wondering what you all think.

Chronos313 said:
I've been doing some reading on Kuhli loaches and ive been contemplating on getting those instead of more corydoras. I know they like PH levels up to 7.0. I'm sure they can adapt to a higher ph but I'm wondering what you all think.

I've kept them for awhile now and they adjust rather nicely to varying ph ranges. Finding some the orange striped variety is the best, although the full black ones are kuhl too. They tend to be reclusive though. I don't see much if mine.

I plan on using the new aqueon 55 I acquired plus the tetra whisper 30 from my current fully cycled tank. I'm going with all new substrate and planning a whole new aquascape. I'll be doing a fish in cycle as with seeded media it shouldn't take all that long.

Chronos313 said:
I plan on using the new aqueon 55 I acquired plus the tetra whisper 30 from my current fully cycled tank. I'm going with all new substrate and planning a whole new aquascape. I'll be doing a fish in cycle as with seeded media it shouldn't take all that long.

Yep, just make sure it's done. If there are any nitrites they'll die.

Oh I'll be monitoring daily. I don't plan on adding them til the cycles done along with the Bolivian rams. I'll post pics of it during its setup phase once I acquire all my goodies.

Back
Top Bottom