Kuilli loaches... Strange behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frosty452

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had my loaches for about 3 monthsand recently they started to lay on the heater the temp is 76-80f. The tank is a 29 gal with 10 loaches and 3 angels. The params are ammo 0 nitrite 0 and nitrate 10. Is this normal or should I be concerned it's not all of them only about half

Is there any place for them to hide? If your tank is mostly bare, they'll tend to stick behind the heater or another confined space. That's fme anyways

yea they have driftwood and a rock cave that is where they used to hang out this just started recently

Mine have lot's of hiding places, but they do that too. It seems like when they get stressed one of them always lays across the suction cup that holds my heater to the glass. He did it for a few days when I first put him in, and he does it on days that I do water changes.

Frosty452 said:
I have had my loaches for about 3 monthsand recently they started to lay on the heater the temp is 76-80f. The tank is a 29 gal with 10 loaches and 3 angels. The params are ammo 0 nitrite 0 and nitrate 10. Is this normal or should I be concerned it's not all of them only about half

It's a strange coincidence, but I saw today one of my khuli loaches doing exactly the same thing. In my case the water was a little cold (IMO), like 75 degrees. So, I assumed that he just was enjoying the heat!

My khuli did this once too!
I managed to snag a picture. I think they are just silly fish. One of hte amano shrimp was hanging out with him there as well.

fish_bestdudes.jpg

Fish can burn, please be careful if they are there for a long time. I recommend buying a heater with a cover, like the Fluval E Series, which is what I use. My Clown Loaches used to do it, too.

mine just use to hang around there caves and there barrels which had some holes in it, they were clown loaches but they never really use to hang around the heater

My heater is next to my filter and just above an airstone. I wonder if it's the water flow that they are seeking???

My Clowns do swim into the filter output, not sure if other Loaches do it, but my Clowns do...

Back
Top Bottom