Kyles 29 gal reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a pic o one of the brittle stars out of the rock. Is it a good thing to have a lot of them. They are really small.

Attachments

• image-3021284546.jpg
    image-3021284546.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 64
Yeah you'll get quite a few hitch hikers when you buy live rock that's why we always say to cure your rock before use .....your not always gonna get good hikers like I learned I didn't cure my rock and had some snail in it that ate my corals and it took me months to find the sucker he was the size of a pea little smaller lol

Yea hopefully I have nothing bad I need to get rid of this chocolate chip star I have I don't want it

Petco won't take it and my lfs is redoing the place do they couldn't do anything with it

Elykreefs97 said:
I know Iv asked already but I'm getting them this weekend . What light should I get there are two links could you take a look at them for me please.

http://www.aquacave.com/Aquatic-Life-36-Dual-Lamp-2-x-39W-T5-HO-Light-Fixture-P3219C1053.aspx

http://www.petco.com/shop/searchresults.aspx?Ntt=Zoomed+t5&x=0&y=0

Where are you located I just bought LEDs and can sell you my fixture it's a 30inch coralife moon

31w x 4 with two moon lights all separate cords so you can set each on timers used it for 6 months brand new ...pm me if your interested

I have a question I'm ordering all the stuff for my 29 gal. I got a protien skimmer for it. I want to order corals bc they are on sale but I would have to put them in my 10 gal. I have been dosing it with calcium and other stuff to get ready for corals and my water is fine. Could I order some frags. They are 5 dollar frags. Beginner corals.

My dad tested it last but I know there fine but I'm using the kent nano kit for my tank

I don't understand why you would be dosing a tank with no coral in it?

You can try some beginner coral but you haven't given much information here for anyone to be able to tell you whether or not you might have success.

Patience is key in this hobby. If it were me I would wait until the tank was setup and running and stable before I went out to buy coral. They might be on sale now but if you kill all of them you haven't saved yourself much money.

Nothing good happens quickly in this hobby.

Im dosing because my lfs told me to start before I have corals so I started last week so I was eather going to get some 5 dollar drags from my lfs or this very nice leather coral that has been at my local petco for weeks. But I know nothing happens quickly my tank now has been running for 5 months and will continue to house my fish and amy corals off to the side while my 29 cycles for about a week bc I will do water changes from my tank I have now to give it a boost on stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom