Labidochromis vs Haplochromis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trombonier

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What's the difference between Labidochromis vs Haplochromis cichlids? Can't find anything online. Wondering if some experienced cichlid veterans could chime in on this one.

I'd love to get either an electric yellow or blue breeding tank. I've read 1 Male to 3 Females works best.

They're different families of African Rift Lake (specifically Lake Malawi). Otherwise, what do you mean by differences exactly? Both are typically mouth brooding species, most species of both families will readily breed in an aquarium if conditions are correct. Labs tend to be a bit more peaceful in a cichlid community aquarium.

What's the difference between Labidochromis vs Haplochromis cichlids? Can't find anything online. Wondering if some experienced cichlid veterans could chime in on this one.

I'd love to get either an electric yellow or blue breeding tank. I've read 1 Male to 3 Females works best.
Haps (Haplochromis)

Haps, for want of a better name, are basically a non-Mbuna flock that are informally called Haps because many of these fish once belonged to the broad genus Haplochromis Hilgendorf.

Two different types of cichlids with different requirements but can live together if you do enough research to satisfy both needs.

Don't mind lending some advice if you have any questions for me?

Back
Top Bottom