Lake Malawi Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish wrangler

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone. I have a 29gal tank with 3 rosy barbs, a pleco, and a electric yellow lab. I want to buy a 75 gallon tank and dedicate it to Lake Malawi cichlids. Is that size tank going to be to small? I think I am on the right track but don't know. Also my dad thinks that with a 75 gal going salt would be better. My fear is that if the tank dies I will loose a lot of $$$. Please help.

I do love the look of saltwater tanks, but do not love the price that they take to start up. 75 gallons is more than enough for those fish, I would even add about 10 more fish of the same size :)

If your going to add more fish in the future, don't add 1 at a time, add a few + make sure they are the same size or a tiny bit bigger, that will help with any fin nipping (and potential death)

When stocking my tanks, I add the fish all within a month or two, buying 3-4 at a time. I wanted a male Aruatus, but had to really look around (for a few weeks at different shops) until I could find the right size. Well worth it though :)

Thank you all for your help. I am taking it all into consideration. Where can I find driftwood and rock to build caves for the cichlids? Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom