Land Locked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

land locked

Aquarium Advice Freak
I live in Casper Wyoming. I have wanted to get into the saltwater aquarium hobby for years but new it would be tough without a marine supplier within a 100+ miles. With the internet becoming a great source of supply and we recently got a PetCo in town, I am hopeful I will be successful. I have read numerous books and read tons on the internet. With all of that knowledge I have a focus but I sure do wish I had someone near me in the same boat, that I could visit with. PetCo has turned out to be disappointing, so I have made a few trips to Denver to get most of my items. I have also bought from ebay. I have only to purchase a protein skimmer and we are ready to get started. Can anyone recommend an online store that is reasonable and reliable? Are there any Wyomingites out there? I am determined to make this work, I have already spent tons and I know I have more to go. But more than that*** I really want a cool saltwater tank.
:silly::silly:

Out here in the sticks huh! Well for me up in Sheridan, I can go to Billings and there are two very good stores, North Heights Pet Store and The Coral Connection. Online (hope this is ok) I like Thatpetplace.com /thatfishplace.come for most hard goods (best price most often), then there is Doctors Foster & Smith (liveaquaria.com) with a fantastic guaranty on livestock. Anither with really wonderful livestock is Vivid aquariums. Good luck and if you get up this way holler - we have at least 12 reefers here in town I have met so far.

Dennis

Hope

Wow 12 in Sheridan. I hope I run into that many here in Casper. But I will give you holler if I head that way. Thanks for the recommendations. Don't get up to Billings much either but I may have to once school is out.

Fantasy Reef web site is amazing, it makes me want mine set up even more now. Thanks for the encouragement.

Welcome to the site. I like thatpetplace.com, drsfosterandsmith.com and liveaquaria.com (part of the drs site). The drs don't charge extra for weight.

I've heard quite a few bad things about petco. I would try and avoid getting much from them besides your very basic stuff like salt and fish food. Just a thought though. Yours may be the exception to the rule.

Welcome to AA! There are many SW members with very impressive tanks here that are more than willing to help.

Warm Welcome

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome and great suggestions. I will be checking out everyone of those sites. I think the most frustrating part of Petco is that not one of the employees has a SW tank themselves. So they are not even a resource.

Zagz, I have a Timneh African Grey- Grigio I love him and he says everything.

Back
Top Bottom