Large Bristle worm (edited by fishfreek)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EMS503

Aquarium Advice Freak
When I took my 75 gal. reef down due to a leak(new tank being setup) I was able to get this picture of a worm I had only seen from below the tank. Is this a harmless type of Bristle worm. Must have been in my tank from the begining, never bothered anything. I just don't want to put it back in my tank if it is bad.

Looks like your average everyday bristle worm with a thyroid problem to me. It does not look like any of the pics of the "FireWorms" I've seen. Unless putting a large bristle worm back in makes you nervous...go for it! If it does, I imagine Guy would take it off your hands, big refugium....big bristleworms :wink:

I'm of the believe that a few large Bristleworms are a good idea. The worm population will grow and shrink dependent on the population. The big worms provide continuity. If there's a severe shortage of food the big ones will hang around while all the small ones starve. When there's an overload of food the large worms breed copiously and a significant worm population can be established quickly to dispose of the excessive food.

Just my opinions.

Dang, thats a big bristle worm. They sell them in bait shops here on the east coast as "Blood Worms" (if you cut them up they are full of blood). They make GREAT bait.

Sorry, I know this is no answer to your question, just chiming in with my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom