Larger cories?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I know the emerald greens get larger and I have them in my 30 gallon. But I want a cory that gets large, if not larger then the emeralds for my 75 gallon. I want a big shoal of cories! I love them! I tried to look for bearded cories on aquabid as I know they get big but couldn't find any. I would like something I can get online easily too. Thanks! ( oh and no albinos ;) )

Hello Sid...

Emeralds are the largest that are readily available. You can check out "Giant Corydoras". The species is called "barbatus". They'll grow to 5 inches plus. These guys are long and slender, much different looking than the standard Cory that's short and wide.

B

Thanks for the replies! I think I might just go with a huge shoal of leopard or panda cories. If anyone knows someone who sells nice leopard cories cheap let me know! Thanks!

Looks into rabauti cory's. I have 7 of these in my 55g and a few of them are a good 2.5 to 3 inches long. They don't come around for sale by me often but when they do I'll buy another one or two more.

Back
Top Bottom