Last batch of rummys are out of quarantine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cardex

Aquarium Advice Activist
My 55 gallon is now fully restocked after the heater killed it total of 42 schooling mixed between glow light, neon both normal and gold, rummys, and harlequin. Also have 8 Cory's and a beta that was looking at me like a puppy when I was in the check out line with 3 snails for clean up crew

Attachments

• image-1444481443.jpg
    image-1444481443.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 110
Looks fantastic! I have been slowing stocking my 60 gal tank and the last piece of the puzzle is a large shoal of rummynose tetras...what is your experience with them? I can't wait to get them (LOVE them!) but I definitely want some advice from folks that have them already. Love your tank, looks amazing!

I have very hard water so rummys take a little extra care when setting up I did small batches of 6 at a time in a 10 gallon tank treated the water with the 2 API Meds that smell like peppermint (something flex) and a copper ich med for the first 3 days and had them in complete dark for the first 24 hours then gave them frozen bloodworms once a day for a week then after the lights had been off for an hour I netted them using night vision it seems much less stress if netted that way no chance to panic and swim all over the place

While they are in the quarantine tank I started out with 50% distilled and 50% water from the main tank each day I did a 15% change with tank water if you don't live in a liquid rock area then you can probably skip that part

When they went into the main tank I did a second 3 day course of the API meds but not the ich just to be on the safe side I had 1 of them die on Tuesday but none after and have not figured out what killed it

Back
Top Bottom