Laterite and ferts calculator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delapool

AA Member
Site Team
I was wondering how laterite gravel compares to using other substrates? I'm hoping it is better than gravel lol and I read it has some cation exchange capacity?

Also could anyone direct me to a site with a ferts calculator? I'm hoping for a site where if you put in the teaspoon or grams of a compound / element & tank volume, it gives the ppm concentration of the element in the water? Anything really.

This is the calculator that I use for my planted tanks for ferts.

Yet Another Nutrient Calculator

Put in your gallons and then click "diy" then the fert you want to calculate then on the drop down menu for "am I calculating for" select the results of my dose or whichever fits better.

Sean

Put in your gallons and then click "diy" then the fert you want to calculate then on the drop down menu for "am I calculating for" select the results of my dose or whichever fits better.

Sean

My goodness that's brilliant!!

Realised I've been under dosing I think for potassium. Will have to give this a proper go tomorrow.

I've been measuring out so much potassium sulphate I think it was, then converting to ppm but forgetting only part of the measured fert is potassium, the rest is sulphate or something. Anyways looks far better than me trying to do it in my head.

If you are dosing Potassium nitrate and Potassium sulfate

If you are dosing both then don't forget to run them both through the calculator and add both of the potassium answers you get to get the total potassium that you have added.

Sean

Ok thanks, I'll have to put the results into a spreadsheet or something. This will be great for working out the DIY substrate ferts too.

I did end up buying a box of API laterite gravel. Added it into tank so will see if it makes much difference to the plants. Water was a little cloudy but then cleared up in a day.

Sean

This website seems to be permanently down? I did find a post that said the website had been taken down?

Has anyone tried an apple app called MisterGreens Fertiliser Calculator? I bought it and still testing but for dry dosing so far I get the same results as using the link above.

I also found an old ferts dosage calculator called Chucks (haven't got link on phone) which I will try and post.

Wondered what others are using for ferts dosage calculators?

I pretty much dry dose now so am not really following any particular method but an adjustment to suit the tank and then I check with test kits.

Back
Top Bottom