Lawn mower blenny Care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blenny

Aquarium Advice Regular
All right,

I realize my first thread was way to long with too many details... ;)

So here come the question:

How to properly care for a Lawn mower blenny?

My Bleeny likely starved after 3 weeks in my tank. :( All the other inhabitant seem ok.

Thanks for any advice.

Maybe you should make sure it's eating before you buy it. I have one and its the fattest fish in my tank. Eats algaes, brine and such.

Thanks,

The thing is that I got all my fish at the same time from someone getting out of the hobby.

I'm giving the fish the same diet he was using except for a weekly zooplankton dose I felt was not required and could compromise water quality.

He had this fish for over a year or two. Maybe he was just too old and could not handle the stress from the move? What's the live span of a blenny?

LM Blenny should live 10 years and reach 4"...

Mine was younger and way smaller. So something went wrong.

I still suspect something with its diet. It died a few days after I noticed the disappearance of hair algae... But it looked as if he was accepting pellets.

LM Blenny should live 10 years and reach 4"...

Mine was younger and way smaller. So something went wrong.

I still suspect something with its diet. It died a few days after I noticed the disappearance of hair algae... But it looked as if he was accepting pellets.

I know algae isn't suppose to be in a tank but I left my lights on a few hours extra a day for a week to build up a little algae for when I bought mine... The back of my tank had a nice wall of algae on the glass... He done good on it and I got some hikiri seaweed pellets or w.e it called and mixed it in with my extreme marine pellets... I've been having him for a year now and eats strictly pellets... He's a little over 5 inches...

I have two lawnmowers and they both eat like absolute pigs. Very fat too. If you dont have algae then some algae strips can be put in the tank for them. :) Some eat frozen, some eat pellets some do not. It's kinda hit or miss with them. But the sheets put in should be enough to keep them going.

I'll have a go with another Blenny in a few months when my thank is fully stabilized.

I have added nori sheet feeding today and my key hole angel loves it.

Thanks for your comments!

mine is strictly a grazer. Thankfully between him and my urchins I haven't seen hair algae in three years that was longer than 1/8". If i find a patch of hair algae we take bets on how long it take the blenny to find it lol after all he is searching in a 210 and hes still only 3 maybe 4 inches. Idk about other people's experience but mine grazes 24/7 and eats and eats anything that gets on the sand bed.

Back
Top Bottom