Lawnmower jumped to his death :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XXFirefighter

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just got off the phone with my wife and she asked me whatI did last night to the tank. I said nothing but a top off... Well she said, Toro our lawnmower blenny decided to just out of the tank :( She found him on the carpet this morning. I don't want to put the glass back on the top of the tank but I wonder who else is gona jump out. NEVER had this problem before... Any ideas why he would jump to his death? Something scare him?

I've had them ( A Clarki Clown ,twice and a yellow watcheman once) jump out during feeding time. Sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear this. :(
Have you considered eggcrate instead of the glass? It will stop the jumpers.

Thanks guys...
This was my first fish I am really bummed about losing...
He was one of the first fish I got after my cycle... He was my "Toro" :(
I'm gonna go look into the plastic light diffusers this week I guess...
Hope it doesn't diffuse too much...

R.I.P. Toro...
Yoru already mnissed.. :(
toro1.jpg

Sorry Firefighter. I also use the eggcrate for this purpose. What I don't like is the glare off the top of it. I used the black plastic connecter strip from my glass canopy to shield it in the front.

man i just bought my first LMB and at first he was very timid and only showing his face at nite, however two weeks later he perches proudly on my liverock and just poses, wouldnt trade him for any fish in the world! so i can kinda imagine how bad you feel sorry to hear fallen soldier firefighter.

Back
Top Bottom