Leak or something else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zo-syn

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hoping to get some advice on this - I recently purchased a fluval spec V and noticed after a couple months that it was having water appear around the base. Despite never seeing a crack I thought there was a leak and ended up purchasing a second fluval spec V. A month later and now I'm noticing water around the base of the new tank as well. It seems unlikely that both of these brand new tanks would have leaks without noticeable cracks. Also when filling the old tank with water and leaving it in another room - no water is forming/leaking. Any thoughts??

Some guess from past mischief here:

- back flow along airline or filter leak.

- glass condensation although rare

- condensation onto cover or lights and drips down.

- large fish splashing

Thank you for your response! I don't have any air pumps and the only fish I have is a single betta. I also haven't noticed any water running down the sides or back of the tank, just underneath the base. I filled the original tank with water and also have not noticed any leaking over night (although its stored in a different room).

Anecdotally, I've noticed the most water when the room temperature is higher than tank temperature. No water present this morning, despite a puddle last night. Tentatively thinking that it may be condensation that occurred with both tanks.

Back
Top Bottom