Leaky tube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SwimmingWithTheFishes

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi
I'm usually not in the salt water section as I keep freshwater at home but at my work we have salt water. The outtake tube of our 300gal tank has leak what do I do. My boss said there is a tape we can put on it, and i this forum has always given me great advice so what should I use.

I assume it's an external leak, meaning it's leaking onto the floor somewhere?

If you can shut the flow through it off for a bit, use PVC glue and just drench the joint with it, let it cure for an hour or two and you'll be okay.

If not there are black rubber couplings (or metal with rubber interior) that are tightened on. Check w/ a plumbing supply house or your local HD/Lowes. You have very little pressure (relatively speaking) in those pipes so it should work with no problems.

Thanks, my boss wants me to duct tape it but I'll see about getting those couplings. This thing was built by a local aquarium "guy" The tube is underwater but the leak bubbles just out of the top of the tank. My boss didn't seem to think it would come off. So the repair will probably need to be done underwater. I called the local aquarium store too and they said it needs to be replaced, but my boss says the budget is locked to we can't replace it for a while.

So it sound like I'll see about the couplings to cover over it. There is not very much pressure at all it just gurgles out.

thanks for all the help

Back
Top Bottom