leather coral looking scrunched up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fierro Nights

Aquarium Advice Freak
when i first got my leather coral it looked somewhat flat around the rock in peices, now its looking scrunched up like it was shoved in a small space, its a cabbage leather and the " leaf " looking parts are looking more cramped together like it doesnt have space to go outward, is it growing that fast? or is it shrinking into itself.

before and after pictures

img_893922_0_be60c7a6b97e159b13f893f3c6d9c231.jpg
img_893922_1_26b965749aa32c4ca42eee576894a489.jpg

65 watt pc , 10k and actinic blue.

the frag that i made from it is now touching the sand off the rock.

also i have noticed that this thing has been shedding some kind of web everyday i have to use a power head to remove some.

i looked at it this morning, its definitely shrinking, i thought that this coral would have the opposite effect and grow, has this coral found a way to reverse time or is something wrong w/ it.

i think alot of topics get lost in archives and are never heard of again. perhaps a good book on corals and propagation, any one know of a good book?

It`s sloughing. Leathers do this every couple weeks. It will be OK and then it will look all bad getting smaller and slightly changing color. It will stay that way a day or two then go back to being OK. Then in a few weeks it will do it again. You`ll be OK. My cauliflower does the same thing.

grand, im glad to hear this, thank you, i was worried that it was dieing or something, i was stressing on about how i should have gotten another light.

Mine was like yours a while back. It sloughs every two to three weeks. Here is a pic of it now.

100_1579.jpg

Back
Top Bottom