Leather??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr_Doom2

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had a pretty sick looking coral that came with the live rock when I set up my tank. It has shedded and looks like this. Am I correct that this is a finger leather coral? Is this how it should look if its healthy? How can I detatch it from the rock and move it to a different location? I've read about fragging them but how can I transplant it without harming it? It's in a location that I'd like to eventually put a little more "showy" piece!!

Also, is it normal that the "buds" aren't out at its base and will the mushroom that's encroaching on its space harm it?

img_956513_0_9541f05f07e47e614690a210e01ccfd7.jpg

Thanks!! Everything seems normal then!! So how do I move it without breaking the rock or moving the whole rock?

I cant see how it`s attached because the pic does not go that low. Give me another pic with the camera lower. Thanks

It's tough to get at it but this pic gives you an idea of how it is attached. It isn't anchored very solid. Almost looks like you could just pull it off with minimal force but I'm afraid to do that without a second opinion!!

Oh yeh, the flatworms that you see on a nearby mushroom...they're ok as long as they don't overpopulate right?? Any methods of eliminating them??

img_957234_0_70abcb18bb058190c55c1843fb1446f6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom