Leathers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nxb161

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi All,, I have these two leathers (well at least I think that's what you call them) for a few months. I'm looking to find out what their specific names might be, and also what fragging technique can be used for them. One seems like it cna just have a piece sliced off being that it is flatter. The other is more round (too small at this point, but wondering for the future)

img_1225979_0_63f8213ebbae10edfbed509e7e5f33c7.jpg

I have another one like the above one in my other tank. It almost looks like it growing oval like parts at the base, but they look clearer, any clue about that?

img_1225979_1_8283079a75e3fd5e7b22f157a86bfc08.jpg

The coral all the way to the left, much smaller, even when fully open more of a pinkish color than the first one which is more orangish.

Thanks!

the top picture is a toadstool. you can cut that with scissors, and attach it to a piece of rock with a rubber band.

i think the other one is a toadstool as well. they do come in different colors.

Thanks, I've read about fragging them like that before. I gave it a try. The main has recovered fine, and the frag is half opened. Maybe the rubberband is a little tight, one half isn't opened. I'll just wait and see. Any clue about the purplish clear oval things at the base of my other one that I have like the top toadstool? Do they bud at their base to propagate?

I know, they are on a similar toadstool that is in my 29G tank. I didn't post a picture.

Back
Top Bottom