LED aquarium lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With new lights that are stronger like these, is it normal to get a lot of brown algae growth?? It's substantially more than I had in just a week or so since lights on the plants and glass!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes, with increased light you'll need to up carbon and ferts to keep algae at bay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

More ferts will help the algae go away? I started using a half dose of excel as well thinking it might help...

I will build up to a full dose (my hornwort may or may not like it much)...but I see new growth if a couple inches so that's something...

More ferts will help the algae go away? I started using a half dose of excel as well thinking it might help...

It will help the plants grow and out compete the algae.

I will build up to a full dose (my hornwort may or may not like it much)...but I see new growth if a couple inches so that's something...

Added Carbon is absolutely necessary with the increased light, you can switch to metricide 14 too, save you some serious dough.

I think I will be switching after this bottle is gone ;) it was free so not too bad haha ;)

Speaking of lighting...if I plan on setting up a new tank with the same lights I have (only 1 finnex 48") and there are excel sensitive plants in them, could u do anything else? Would I have to use co2 or stick with just not as powerful a light? ...or different plants...I was really into spiral vals for my (future) angelfish

I think I will be switching after this bottle is gone ;) it was free so not too bad haha ;)

Not bad at all! I use amazon for the metricide, $30 shipped for a gallon. I've heard of cheaper pricing on ebay but along with the lower price came a mystery brand.

Not bad at all! I use amazon for the metricide, $30 shipped for a gallon. I've heard of cheaper pricing on ebay but along with the lower price came a mystery brand.

Mystery anything is never a good idea in this hobby lol...maybe for a plant...if it was free lol

Back
Top Bottom