LED fixture Question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frankie_Garcia

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Would these be okay over a salt tank? I have a 29 gal tank! I was thinking I could get 2?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388730087.666088.jpg
They are $37

If you are wanting reef lighting these won't do the job I am afraid. But for a fish only I am sure they would look lovely...

Boo okay :/ just thought I would try and get some advice on them! I just have soft corals I guess I'll keep my T5HO

I actually have one of these ( larger version) over my 75g and my corals are thriving under it. Just my experience

I actually have one of these ( larger version) over my 75g and my corals are thriving under it. Just my experience

The freshwater version or the reef version. Because 0.06 watt leds will not cut it for corals

I couldn't tell you it came with the tank, the guy I bought it from had it setup for over 2 yrs and like I said the coral growth is insane.

I have pics in the showcase X, I believe I labeled it " my 75g" something like that. I have no hard corals currently just soft but my 2 nems are doing awesome in there. You sir are far more knowledgeable than I so they should listen to you before me I'm just speaking from my experience

In the tank I have an overabundance of green hairy mushrooms ( that's what I was told they were ) 2 large colonies of 5 star polyps a small electric green zoa colony a baby Kenya tree I fragged and an unknown polyp colony and then of course my 2 nems

I did just re - read the Web page above and noticed the light was for fresh water and I doubt mine is the same. Same brand but probably different version of the light.

I did just re - read the Web page above and noticed the light was for fresh water and I doubt mine is the same. Same brand but probably different version of the light.

Lol that makes more sense. I had a marine one before too and they have 1 watt or 3 watt leds which will actually support corals.

Back
Top Bottom