Led for a planted 29 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry for that

The complete list is bacopa, red ludwigia, water wisteria, anubias, and hydrophilia compacta.

My substrate will be eco-compete and some black sand.

I plan to use liquid carbon and ferts. Will the fluval LED lights work for these plants or should I look into something into something stronger?

Thanks in advance

If your budget permits, getting a buildmyLED.com fixture with the optional dimmer would be best because you can dim it for what you have now, and then crack it up for if you ever decide to go high light / high tech.

But for less money and less overall output, the fluval plant LED or a Finnex planted+ would certainly work. But if you ever needed more light, you'll probably have to double up on these fixtures with no dimming option.

Last edited:
I'd do the finnex over the fluval, you could get 2 for the same price as one 30" fluval, or the current sat + is a sweet deal as well, lots of cool settings if you like tinkering with tanks;)

Thanks for the suggestions.

Could you post a pic of the led in your respective tanks? That would help me get a better sense of each brand's profile.

Thanks again.

I'll post my aqueon modular on my 29 and my brand new finnex planted plus on my 20 tall!

Thanks again for your respective inputs. Went ahead and got the finnex planted +. Below is a pic before the new light.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396983187.102729.jpg

Got the package before heading to work. I'll post one after setting it up

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397183861.075872.jpg

With the finnex planted+. Already seeing new tops on everything but the anubias. Can't wait to compare it in a month or so. Tannins from the driftwood, I like the look though.

Back
Top Bottom