Led help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

russianaquarium

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have this 36 bowfront and am looking at getting an led for it. It's 21 inches tall so I need the led to be strong enough so light can reach the bottom... Right now it has 2 20 watt 6500k t12s on it and those just look bad. I'm looking at a price of around 50 bucks so nothing super expensive. Oh ya and it has to be able to grow plants. Any Ideas? Thanks 20180110_201045.jpg

Beamswork DA FSPEC should give you roughly 40 PAR @ substrate, directly under the light, or a mid low level of light, not quite medium. This number will drastically fall off as you move away from the center of the fixture, so 2 will likely be needed.
If it turns out to be too much light you can have one on for 8 hours, the second in for a 4 hour mid day burst of stronger light.

This is what i use. My 30 gal is 18 inches deep , probbaly 15 inches to substrate. I have this light mounted 12 inches above the waterline. Plenty intense and affordable

LIGHT:
Beamswork Quad Evo
Lumen: 5500
LEDs: 40x 3 watt
Config: 30x 10000K, 10x Actinic 460nm
2 Modes: All on or 2 rows. (***10 Hours All rows)

Raised up 12 inches above water

Back
Top Bottom