Led lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd recommend the FugeRay LED fixtures. Aquatrader LEDs run hot, are cheaply made, and have no warrantee. What kinds of plants are you looking to keep?

I really just want a really cheap light to grow some java ferns an amazon swords

Dutchz said:
I really just want a really cheap light to grow some java ferns an amazon swords

The best option in my opinion would be a super cheap incandescent 10 gallon light fixture with a pair of screw in 10w CFL daylight bulbs. They would give you way more light for less money. The good thing is you can go everywhere from low light to very bright light just by changing out the bulbs and you can get the whole thing at Walmart or Petco. I grew tons of plants in my 20 for years with one.

You can still get the LED light of coarse but I wouldn't grow an amazon sword in a 10. They just get so tall. Some crypts would be fine.

Ok great I already have one but the bulbs rust and die. Was hoping for a cheaper way but sadly no

If you want a really cheap LED light then get a 10 watt waterproof daylight floodlight off of eBay. I use a 20 watt and a 10 watt as the only light over my 20 high planted tank and it's awesome. Amazing growth and no algae issues. I tried to use a 10 watt over my 5 gallon planted tank but it was just to much for such a shallow tank. It may get you near high light so keep that in mind. They can be had for around $14 US. You may want to make a DIY hood or some system to hang it if you go that rout. Just throwing out another option. You can check my thread if you want to see what they look like.

Ok I love the cheap light idea . Because I have 2 tanks and probably getting a 55 for x mas so will save my money for that.

Back
Top Bottom