LED lights for open/rimless tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScaryFatKidGT

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have an Aqueon modular LED and its great with 2 daylights and 1 colormax but it can't be run over an open tank and my glass hoods get dirty and block the light and I like looking down into the tank.

So, are you looking for a new fixture or what?
Yeah I guess.

I mean I guess I usually see the Finnex and Current Satellite recommended on here. My LFS has the Fluval's, Elive's and a ZooMed one. I think the Marineland planted tank light would be over kill, and they seem to be changing all there stuff right now.

I like the finnex lights. Also the current usa. Have used them both.

I'm wondering how the Ecoxotic E compares to the new Current satellite pro, I don't like how they are so thin seems like I would need 2 to cover just about any tank?

What size tank do you have? I've got a 29 gal and a single Ecoxotic covers mine pretty well. The new Satellite Pro is apparently higher PAR than the Ecoxotic, and I believe it has a 120 degree reflector (spread angle of the light). So unless you've got a 75 gal or a breeder tank, you can probably get by with one. Finnex lights don't have bells and whistles, but they are affordable, great lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What size tank do you have? I've got a 29 gal and a single Ecoxotic covers mine pretty well. The new Satellite Pro is apparently higher PAR than the Ecoxotic, and I believe it has a 120 degree reflector (spread angle of the light). So unless you've got a 75 gal or a breeder tank, you can probably get by with one. Finnex lights don't have bells and whistles, but they are affordable, great lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Yeah I have a 150g XT 4x2 and then I'm planning on getting a 75 to replace my 29g.

I still wonder which is better, like if the Sat leap frogged ecoxotic

They're neck and neck. I'd try the current over eseries. Either one is going to make that modular look like the light on your smartphone in comparison.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom