LED lights planted rank???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimmypack100

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was thinking about starting a nano tank prob 3 to 5 gallons but al mmm the kits come witb what seems to be garbage not trying to spend a whole lot of money but I was windering if LED lights would support pland growth or should I grt a small floressent??

For a small tank like that, id get a compact florescent and call it a day. But of course there are led setups for nanos but will cost a lot more.

Coo beans i l look into oneb of those then but I always thought led was way cheaper tho

Check out the Finnex Fugeray LED fixture. Those work pretty well in low to medium light needy plant setups. Overall, LED's do tend to be a little more up front cost. But IMO, you get what you pay for and i think they're worth it. The finnex LED fixtures are some of the cheapest for high quality high output LED's.

12 watt Mini LED 400- $109.99

Or you can build your own if you can use a solder gun

Looked up the finnex furay lights theyre pretty sweet and is the moonlight setting would that bother nocturnal fish bc I might even look into one for mt 40 gallon I have a pretty big striped raphaell and it be coo to actially see him move at night

It's fine to use and isn't a bother to the fish as far as I know. I have my light on a timer so I never use the fixture's moonlights. I have separate moonlights on my 20 that I have on a timer to go on for about 5 hours along with an air pump. Looks awesome.

Back
Top Bottom