LED lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maya

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just a new DIY build thread on our new LED light build. We are in the process of wiring 6 foot LED lights for our 125 gallon tank. We are using a 2-1 ratio of white to blue. The white are 5mm 10,000K and the blue are 453 nanometer 5mm lights. They have a 140 degree view angle. Hooked up our trial moonlights last night and the shimmer and coverage from those are phenomenal. Can't wait to get these up and running!

A picture of one of the 3 foot sections.

Attachments

• image-1678628238.jpg
    image-1678628238.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 192
So the 2 to 1 is two whites for every 1 blue?

What is it that you are mounting it to? Is that a heat sink?

Can you list off which ones your got and where? Along with the drivers? That would really help other people who are interested in DIY as well.

Great job!

They are mounted on a piece of mirrored plexiglas and we are going to mount heat sinks on the back. The lights themselves came from hong kong via eBay.

Sorry I missed the first part of those questions. Yes it is 2 whites to 1 blue with a total count of 150 total LEDs. We are wiring the white and blues on separate circuits to be able to run one set without the others. We are also wiring 4-6 blue LEDs separately to run as moonlights.

No name brand, just a loose lot of 100 blues and another bulk lot of 100 whites. They didn't even come with resistors.

Attachments

• image-2922769109.jpg
    image-2922769109.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 125
We haven't been able to make any progress in the past couple of days. Hubby went to work Friday and hasn't been home. 24 hour shift at the fd and another 8 teaching krav at the gym so I'm sure when he gets home he wont be too motivated to work on it tonight. I'll post new pics once he starts making some progress though.

Back
Top Bottom