LED moon/mood lighting for under 50 bucks! Video!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phishfriend

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'v been looking for an inexpensive moon led option for the 75g. I was looking at DIY ideas at lowe's when I stumbled across this little cool LED kit. I was worried that it the LED's were going to be to weak to light the tank but they do a good job! I mean your not going to read a book by them. For the money! you cant beat it! plus you can add to more bars!

It's four separate 9" 8 LED bars w/5' cords that plug into a junction hub which plugs into a 12v adapter. the hub has 6 jacks so you can add 2 additional LED bars. It's has 6 colors/ 14 modes including 2 music modes I have yet to try. I shot a video of it on my tank w/short explanation. The video is a bit grainy and of course it looks a lot brighter in person but it will give you an idea of what it does and looks like. For 50 bucks and all I had to do was put the lights where i wanted and plug it in! Score!

Here is what the box looks like. You will see the back photo shows what your getting.
67720-albums11716-picture52394.png

back
67720-albums11716-picture52395.png

here is the link to the Video! I hope I saved you a few bucks!! Enjoy!
CHEAP L.E.D MOON/MOOD LIGHTING FOR AQUARIUM - YouTube

:popcorn::popcorn:

Lol thanks! I'm going to try and take a better vid.

By the way, I finally tried the music mode just for kicks.
It haves a volume detection adjustment which seems to work well for detecting the music so you don't have to crank the volume up on the stereo.

Anyway, when I turned it on. My first thought was that it reminded me of a "night at the disco" themed high school prom. It's not a mod that would be used often. Would be a cool effect for your tank if your having a party. Lol

Posted these in a thread. just adding them here also.

white led
67720-albums11716-picture53212.jpg

blue led
67720-albums11716-picture53211.jpg

red
67720-albums11716-picture53208.jpg

green
67720-albums11716-picture53210.jpg

purple
67720-albums11716-picture53209.jpg

There are pre-programmed modes where the lights change thru the spectrum and also 2 music modes which are pretty cool.

Cool. Looks like you set them all on a wire rack? Do you have pics of how that looks up there on top?

Looks good: what's in the big lights? Something for the plants?

Here's a pic.

image-2270529947.jpg

I have add two 15" upgrade bars. This are in the back.

image-2939762088.jpg

They all plug to the hub. Which I have mounted under the tank center.

image-2098946501.jpg

It's all control by this lil remote.

Back
Top Bottom