Led or T5's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have done some searching around and I think I will go with the marineland reef led system. It has 46 1watt 10000k led and 8 .06 blue led. It is 48" long. The price is about $350.it's not to bad. And If I ever want more light I can get another one due to the fact they are really slim and will fit on my tank.

That's not a bad deal. You can reduce the price by DIY or a china distributor. But for a domestic light, that isn't bad. I don't have any experience with this manufacturer, so only commenting on the number of LEDs.

Yeah I have seen them up and running and dang they are bright. My lfs uses them on their dt. My main type of corals are going to be soft corals so I am not to worried about mega ultra bright lights. Just something that will give me enough light.

What do you think of the ai LEDs? How deep is your tank? And what do you keep down low? Seriously looking into them?

I am 30"+ deep. Have a variety of hard corals up top and soft corals mid to bottom of tank. I have a video showing the tank. Growth of all the coral has been as good as it ever was under under hp metal halide. Kenya tree coral, green torch, green star polyps, waving hand and many dozens of mushrooms are all over the bottom to mid part of the tank. Elk horn, green encrusting coral, kryptonite and various other candy cane corals are up top in maximum light.

Don't know about ai LEDs. I use large arrays of 1 watt and 2 watt LEDS, mixed 2/3 white and 1/3 actinic blue. 420 light my tank and another 150 light my algae turf scrubber.

Back
Top Bottom