LEDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NarwhalLover3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I all. I'm considering purchasing some new lights for my 90 gallon bow front. I'd like to be able to grow some easy sps and lps and soft coral. I found these lights on eBay and they look good to me but I don't really know much about lights. Would these be able to grow sps in a 90 gallon? Thanks! :)

image-4186770740.jpg

image-463418009.jpg

image-1966592799.jpg

Two of those "full spectrum" or two of the just blue and white 120 watt led panels will be able to grow anything in your tank. They are powerfull so if you already have corals start them out on lowest setting and slowly ramp up over a couple of months.

Agreed with the above. These are a version of what we refer to as taotronics, as that was the original ebay sellers name I believe, and there are several members of the forum who have used these to successfully keep anything photosynthetic under them. So in terms of lighting, you will be set with these units. One unit will cover roughly 2ft of tank. If your 90 is a 4fter, you can use two like was also stated above. LEDs are extremely strong, and don't look like it! Make sure you start them turned down quite low and slowly begin to turn them up so you don't burn your coral to death...I did this with about 500 dollars worth of coral when I upgraded to LEDs...a rough lesson.

Sweet! Thank you so much! I hope I can get them. It'll be nice to be able to grow something other than mushrooms. :)

Well I ordered them and they arrived on Friday! I need to get a power strip because I'm a plug short, but is it ok for them to just sit on my glass top or do they need to be hung or something? My t8s are sitting on the glass top now.

They can sit on glass top but that close to water surface I would recommend starting them at their lowest setting for a few weeks if they are the dimmables.

That's good. I didn't really want to hang them. I'll slowly acclimate the coral and nems to the light over a few weeks. Thanks. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom