Lemon Tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caspar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I added a small school of Lemon Tetras to my 29G last week and I assumed that their nipping at each other was a normal thing. However for the past couple of days they are shooting around the tank really going after each other.

Do I need to add a couple more or what to settle things down. I noticed that one had what seems like a missing scale on his flank this morning?

Thanks.

Hard to tell really. Sometimes they will ease up with more, sometimes the wont. It may be worth a try, but perhaps you could make sure you can return them incase they don't get along.

Do they seem to be turning a pretty greyish blue color? Thats how my males act when they are trying to spawn. What is your male/female ratio?

Rondory said:
Do they seem to be turning a pretty greyish blue color? Thats how my males act when they are trying to spawn. What is your male/female ratio?

I think that I may have 4 Males to 2 Females. I suppose that because two of the smaller one's have a less black on their anal fins. I am not sure on the greyish blue as all of them had little yellow color when I bought them but they are starting to sparkle. My PH is at about 7.2, Temp at 82F, and I feed them at least three times a day on flake food with Freeze dried bloodworms, baby shrimp, and tubifex a couple of times a week.

I did find a fry in my tank a few nights ago and thought it was my swordtail but she is still packing. He was eaten before I could get to him though. It would be cool if the Tetras were spawning.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom