Lemonpeel angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd like to know this tip also :lol:
Unfortunately i don't believe there is a way..You have a coral nipper,,some angels do, some don't...Some people will say "just keep em fed"...Well ,i feed my angel 3 x a day ,everyday..he still nipped and pecked every coral and frag i ever tried..I do like the lemon peel though,,good choice

You just cant change mother nature. I had two that were perfect citizens for 4 yrs but then they decided to wreck my reef. If it`s in them then they are going to do it. IMO nothing you can do.

Unfortunately, I had to catch my lemon peel and send him back to the LFS. They are among the worst coral nippers in my book. I still have a 8 year old Coral Beauty that is a model citizen, a 7 year old Flame that is not too bad and a Black Tail that is on the list to be caught, but he is still better than the Lemon Peel was. There are just a select few of the dwarf angel fish that are reef safe.

Thank you everyone, he is not doing too bad, the only thing I saw today was that he nipped at a little Xenia, and that was it. Now the challenge is trying to get the angelfish to eat......

I had a lemon peel with a coral eating habit. The ONLY solution is to buy ANOTHER tank, make it a FOWLR, and enjoy :) That's what I did anyway. It took my angel 3 days to come out of hiding and eat.

They're beautiful fish, you should post a picture.

As juveniles, they eat plankton, thats why they seem safe at first, but when they grow up they like frozen mysis shrimp and meaty crustaceans such as shrimp and clam. Be sure to include algae such as spirulina. They are really hard on clams and polyps once they get started.

Here is a photo from yesterday, it doesn't do it justice though.

Attachments

• image-4236720395.jpg
    image-4236720395.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 115
I had a hard time getting him to eat yesterday. I fed frozen brine shrimp, frozen marine cuisine, flakes, pellets, and an algae sheet, he just spit everything out.

Do you have a garlic dip? That can help the fishies to eat. :) You just soak the food in the garlic and then add. There are products like garlic extreme and entice that are said to work wonders.

carey said:
Do you have a garlic dip? That can help the fishies to eat. :) You just soak the food in the garlic and then add. There are products like garlic extreme and entice that are said to work wonders.

Ok, thanks you.

Back
Top Bottom