Leng Sy Visits My Favorite LFS...AND LIKES IT!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteCloud

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got back from checking to see what my favorite LFS (which only has 1 employee who is also the owner) had in stock for my future acquisitions and get some frozen food. She was VERY excited when I came in as she had some news!

Last week, Leng Sy, the President and CEO of Ecosystems and Coral Magazine, had come all the way to Maine specifically to visit her LFS, as he had heard very good things from her wholesaler about the place.

He told her that she had one of the most beautiful stores he had seen in the US. He also autographed one of his pictures of his corals in one of her books (I forgot which one).

Her store is very well laid out with Breeder Tanks for stock and some beautiful 90G display tanks. She had designed the store to look like a den in someones house with knotty pine panelling. This store is the store that got me interested in Marine Tanks...before this store...The only SW tanks I saw looked like a bunch of salt creeping mess. Her tanks are always immaculate.

She has only been in business since August of 2004, but has developed a large and faithful following.

If anyone is the the Portland, Maine area, I would recommend checking out this LFS:

Atlantis Marine Fish & Supplies
50 Maine Mall Rd, South Portland, Maine
Telephone Number: 207-253-5558

P.S. I do not work for, nor am I affiliated financially with this LFS...I am just a happy customer. Well...perhaps I am financially affilliated...as I spend a lot of my hard earned cash there.

I second that! We have two in Dalton. The one I like the best is changing from an LFS to an LR&BS (local reptile and bird store). They're taking out most of their fish room. The other one...well...when they get corals in, I go pick the ones I'm going to want. A few weeks later, once they've nearly killed them, I pick them up for $5-10 a piece and nurse them back to health. Need I say more?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom