let's see those bettas!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettasalltheway23

Aquarium Advice Regular
We all wanna see your betta fish, and explain to us, there habitat, how you obtained them, and maybe something unique about.your betta! The first little guy you see is Sora, he had fin rot at petco, and only about an inch of water in his cup, he's recovered from almost every illness, dropsy, fin rot, ich, and velvet. He lives in a 75 gallon planted tank with.angels. And the second one, is Roxas, a little crowntail I picked up today labeled as a female betta. (but he was clearly a male) he now lives happily in a 10 gallon with platys. Now... Let's see yours!!!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130718_192708.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130718_192708.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 102
  • ForumRunner_20130718_192732.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130718_192732.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 97
First is fate he is a little over a year old now. He is constantly eating his fins. He is in a 3.5g with a heater and filter.

Second and third is pinky and brain (after pinky and the brain). Pinky is super shy and lazy. Brain had such horrible fin rot when I got him he only had a super thin stick for a tail and not fins, he is slowly getting better. I've had them both for about 2 weeks. They are in a 5.5 divided with a heater and filter.

The fourth is dumbo he is 2 days old and he is temporarily in a 2g until I move fate to his new 5g.

The fifth is also 2 days old and still doesn't have a name yet. He's in a 3.5 heated and filtered tank.

The last 2 are spike and flipper they

ForumRunner_20130718_201158.jpg

ForumRunner_20130718_201219.jpg

ForumRunner_20130718_201256.jpg

ForumRunner_20130718_201309.jpg

ForumRunner_20130718_201321.jpg

ForumRunner_20130718_201358.jpg

both died from what the guy at Petsmart said was a leaking heater. I had spike for 3 months and then added his heater he died to days later. I then go flipper and he died the next day.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130718_201235.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130718_201235.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 91
Someone is a Kingdom Hearts fan! Those were some fun games. I'll post some pictures later, but I have lots of bettas. Ninja is a solid black half-moon plakat male, from a betta in Thailand. He has a 10 gallon to himself. Prince is a red/purple crowntail in half of a divided 10. He was a lucky find at Walmart. Ziggy Stardust is a blue and yellow crowntail from Walmart also, and he is in a 1.5 on my kitchen counter for now but will soon be moved into the other half of the divided 10. The 1.5 is my betta quarantine tank. No filter, but I keep it in the kitchen so it's easy to do multiple water changes a day if I have to. No heater necessary either - thats the one upside to having broken air conditioning in the Louisiana summer. The heaters in my other tanks haven't kicked on in a month or two. Ambient room temp is like 80.

I also have a sorority with 8 girls in a 56 gallon tank, including a snow white hm, a black orchid hm, a red ct, a dark blue ct, a red Cambodian by, a brown and yellow vt, a turquoise hm, and a red hm with aqua edges on her fins and blue irridecence.

And a tank with about 10 fry from Ninja and the blue ct.

Pics will come once my phone charges enough to take some!

Someone is a Kingdom Hearts fan! Those were some fun games. I'll post some pictures later, but I have lots of bettas. Ninja is a solid black half-moon plakat male, from a betta in Thailand. He has a 10 gallon to himself. Prince is a red/purple crowntail in half of a divided 10. He was a lucky find at Walmart. Ziggy Stardust is a blue and yellow crowntail from Walmart also, and he is in a 1.5 on my kitchen counter for now but will soon be moved into the other half of the divided 10. The 1.5 is my betta quarantine tank. No filter, but I keep it in the kitchen so it's easy to do multiple water changes a day if I have to. No heater necessary either - thats the one upside to having broken air conditioning in the Louisiana summer. The heaters in my other tanks haven't kicked on in a month or two. Ambient room temp is like 80.

I also have a sorority with 8 girls in a 56 gallon tank, including a snow white hm, a black orchid hm, a red ct, a dark blue ct, a red Cambodian by, a brown and yellow vt, a turquoise hm, and a red hm with aqua edges on her fins and blue irridecence.

And a tank with about 10 fry from Ninja and the blue ct.

Pics will come once my phone charges enough to take some!

I knew someone would get the reference! Haha.

I'll post pictures tomorrow!

My first it Mardi, he is a red, teal and blue OHM, he has a 5g all to himself, I'm thinking of getting him a few ghost shrimp...
My second is Mason, he is a dark blue EEHMPK, he also has a 5g to himself, he is pretty agressive!
My third is Mercedes, I adopted her from my cousin, she is a blue, red and teal VT, she was a petco baby and was stunted she is only 1in... she has a nice 3g all to herself! sometimes it even seems to big for her but I think she enjoys the space!
My last is Maddux, he is a white and red Dragonscale PK, he has a 3g manly because he was a impluse buy and I bought him in Lousiana while I was picking up Mercedes and vistiting so he had a eight hour drive

Tomorrow I'm suppose to get a TON of plants delivered to my house for all their tanks, so I'm might not post pictures right away since they're getting a re-scape!

my baby betta have had him for a month and a half and his colors are coming in so great! he was about 1/3 this size and brown with clear fins when i got him from petco

Attachments

• image-2093363075.jpg
    image-2093363075.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 97
no idea haha it was just marked as baby betta lol figured id give it a shot. they told me most of them die and the ones that do make it are always female but mines a male and he lived so im pretty happy about that. i also have a veiltale male, a halfmoon and a halfmoon double tail that has not stopped changing colors since i got him

img_2568172_0_cbfbe93f183edfd60355668f77282c95.jpg
this was him when i first got him

img_2568178_0_15a8721dcd0261e51a311c528cc65e22.jpg
img_2568178_1_67a82f1faa0f69f7011b5576455bbd8b.jpg
img_2568178_2_e67da1cf0d51b977abda052ce76cc373.jpg

here are my other three i love all of their personalities they are so great. the baby is hilarious when im about to feed him he jumps like an inch out of the water its so great :)

Well this is my betta, I haven't given him a name cause I'm not that good at naming but I've had him for about a month... I received him from a family friend when she wanted her 65 gallon cleared of fish. So before we left I seen a little container pushed aside an there he was... He was laying at the bottom looking sickly but I told my friend if take him an try to keep him (an the other fish I got) all alive... When I brought him home not much changed cept he ate but seemed extremely grumpy. So I put him in my 15 gallon and now he's like a puppy to me... Every time I put my hand in the tank he swims right up an runs against me. Probably one of my favorite fish

Attachments

• image-1727900007.jpg
    image-1727900007.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 66
  • image-4129507382.jpg
    image-4129507382.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 63
This is my boy Milton!
He came from a local aquarium shop and was a real impulse buy.

He is a rose tail however its so shredded you wouldn't know :( I suspect he has been biting them instead of it being rot, 8 days salt treatments haven't made a difference and there's no discolouration to them. I'm doubtful that they will ever be as amazing as they once were..

He lives in a 2.5 gal to himself while I try and get his fins sorted out and will most likley stay there as he had so much finnage it was hard for him to get around in his previous 5gal!

Attachments

• image-1548261949.jpg
    image-1548261949.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 63
  • image-1388924031.jpg
    image-1388924031.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 65
This is my boy Milton!
He came from a local aquarium shop and was a real impulse buy.

He is a rose tail however its so shredded you wouldn't know :( I suspect he has been biting them instead of it being rot, 8 days salt treatments haven't made a difference and there's no discolouration to them. I'm doubtful that they will ever be as amazing as they once were..

He lives in a 2.5 gal to himself while I try and get his fins sorted out and will most likley stay there as he had so much finnage it was hard for him to get around in his previous 5gal!

I had the same problem with my delta tail, try aquarium salt and melafix with daily water changes. Also don't forget to take the carbon out.

I thought melafix was dangerous for bettas then im reading a half dose is okay! Conflicting information! I did a whole 8 days AQ salt and stress coat+ with 100% water changes and I honestly can't tell if its getting whose but his fins are still tattered.

I thought melafix was dangerous for bettas then im reading a half dose is okay! Conflicting information! I did a whole 8 days AQ salt and stress coat+ with 100% water changes and I honestly can't tell if its getting whose but his fins are still tattered.

A quarter dose is safe. But melafix doesn't really do much more than keeping him in clean fresh water would anyway, so why risk it?

Back
Top Bottom