Let's see your shrimp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423436910.570234.jpg

This was while I was acclimating them :) he gave me a really good mixture of babies and adults which is good. They've started to color up already and at least one female came berried which is awesome! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423437001.725266.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423437047.508865.jpg

Other females with nice saddles so hopefully they will really take off. I got a pretty awesome deal. It was 50 of them for 40$. It was just so local guy who had a colony that went crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I seriously love shrimp. I kinda have a feeling I am going to be a crazy shrimp lady. I like want alllll the colors! I had intended to get blue velvets first in that tank but I found those ones for such a good deal that I jumped at them!

Now I just need to convince my husband to get another tank and set it up for blues

I seriously love shrimp. I kinda have a feeling I am going to be a crazy shrimp lady. I like want alllll the colors! I had intended to get blue velvets first in that tank but I found those ones for such a good deal that I jumped at them!

Now I just need to convince my husband to get another tank and set it up for blues

That's a lot of shrimp but really nice color! What all do you have now?

And yes, I'm on my way to being a crazy shrimp lady as well. Last night I was doing a WC in my RCS tank and was very glad I checked the container because I found a tiny RCS! Put that one in a bowl and moved on to my Endlers/blue rili tank...again, surprise in the water, tiny blue baby! That one really surprised me because I assumed the Endlers would eat the shrimplets.

From left to right: my finger, blue fry, red cherry fry :D

img_3156400_0_9e07db3c35f53c7eec84a26d67b11b60.jpg

That's a lot of shrimp but really nice color! What all do you have now?

And yes, I'm on my way to being a crazy shrimp lady as well. Last night I was doing a WC in my RCS tank and was very glad I checked the container because I found a tiny RCS! Put that one in a bowl and moved on to my Endlers/blue rili tank...again, surprise in the water, tiny blue baby! That one really surprised me because I assumed the Endlers would eat the shrimplets.

From left to right: my finger, blue fry, red cherry fry :D

img_3156406_0_9e07db3c35f53c7eec84a26d67b11b60.jpg

So cute!! Right now I have a tank that has RCS and guppies. I have a bunch of berried ladies so we will see if any shrimplets make it. It is pretty heavily planted so I hope so. There are between 15-20 in there. I have the 3 big bamboo in the community and now this one with the yellow :)

I am relatively new to shrimp but I figured since the RCS came juvenile and about a month later I had berried ones it means I am doing something right

That shelving unit is amazing; absolutely stunning!

Wow! Haven't checked this thread in while. Everybody's shrimp are great!! Good to see the hobby growing! I'v now expanded my shrimp keeping to around 10 different types and have now started selective breeding as well as cross breeding with the hope of creating a new strain. Here are a few updated photos. Enjoy and happy shrimping!!!

Holy Frick'n'frac, that shrimp melange in the middle! Mind-blowing.:eek:

That blue in the last picture is gorgeous, is that a Velvet?

Wow! Haven't checked this thread in while. Everybody's shrimp are great!! Good to see the hobby growing! I'v now expanded my shrimp keeping to around 10 different types and have now started selective breeding as well as cross breeding with the hope of creating a new strain. Here are a few updated photos. Enjoy and happy shrimping!!!

Do you ever sell any of yours?? I know a few us of want to expand into more colors

Holy Frick'n'frac, that shrimp melange in the middle! Mind-blowing.:eek:

That blue in the last picture is gorgeous, is that a Velvet?

No it's a Taiwan bee "Blue Bolt" the last pic is a grade called a flower head mosura. Worth around $70 each. Thankfully the ones I have were born in my tank or I wouldn't have any. Luck of the draw for me and now I can selective breed them.

Attachments

• _DSC0020.jpg
    _DSC0020.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 68
  • _DSC0059.jpg
    _DSC0059.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC_0028.jpg
    DSC_0028.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 66
Do you ever sell any of yours?? I know a few us of want to expand into more colors

Im just starting to sell them right now just locally because of the weather. I'll start shipping in the spring. There are several US breeders that ship year round. If you look up a grp called US freshwater shrimp and plants on Facebook. You will find the best. I'm there as well Jay E. Whoever you buy from. make sure you are buying shrimp that the seller breed themselves or if they didn't breed but imported them. Find out what their quarantine process is. This is very important. Several importers do a "sling" trade. Basically import them repackage them for the buy and ship them within 72 hrs of them getting state side. Its very bad business. Asia has some nasty stuff in the waters that hitch a ride on shrimp. The easiest way to identify a sling seller is if they ask you to preorder and pay. That's your red flag. It means they don't have the shrimp and will import them once they have enough sales.

Im just starting to sell them right now just locally because of the weather. I'll start shipping in the spring. There are several US breeders that ship year round. If you look up a grp called US freshwater shrimp and plants on Facebook. You will find the best. I'm there as well Jay E. Whoever you buy from. make sure you are buying shrimp that the seller breed themselves or if they didn't breed but imported them. Find out what their quarantine process is. This is very important. Several importers do a "sling" trade. Basically import them repackage them for the buy and ship them within 72 hrs of them getting state side. Its very bad business. Asia has some nasty stuff in the waters that hitch a ride on shrimp. The easiest way to identify a sling seller is if they ask you to preorder and pay. That's your red flag. It means they don't have the shrimp and will import them once they have enough sales.

I've only bought from people local/from here so far. My lfs don't tend to carry much for shrimp. I know I can ask.

Thanks for sharing that group on fb. I sent a request to join too.

So many awesome setups here. And the plethora of knowledge and tips to go along is priceless !!!

Looking for some feedback on this local add as shrimp are not my normal thing. It seems worthwhile compared to what I've seen from commercial places and maybe a 90 minute drive.

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/for/4849482502.html

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

I've found that people selling on Craigslist and here usually have better prices. I think it is because they have the shrimp and like them vs really trying to make money

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423521011.138657.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423521028.138390.jpg
Definitely coloring up a bunch more now that they've been in there for about 24hr

And one of my reds was right next to the glass so I couldn't help but take another pic ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423521080.655437.jpg

Back
Top Bottom