lettuce nudi lasted one day. now mostly dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaiden

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got a nudi the other day, and he did a great job cleaning off one of my rocks. I had high hopes. Then today, he's 1/8th his original size. Basically just a head and part of the body. All the pretty fin parts are gone.

All I have in my tank is an O clown, a mithrax and some hermits.. could the clown have attacked him?

Sounds like he blew into a powerhead or something. Fish don't typically pick at nudis because of their slime coat. If a fish took a nip at it it probablly wouldn't go back for more. I have tried nudis two times myself and they all got a powerhead or an overflow box so I gave up on trying to keep them.

Nudibrachs are hard to keep alive. In order to keep one, you have to have all your powerheads safe with a sponge wrapped around it in all areas that suck or blow.

It is possible (not likely) that other fish are nipping, but I am more inclined to agree with Brisc0 on this. It most likely got hit by a powerhead.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom