level aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kangarooooooooo

Aquarium Advice Regular
i did a water change and noticed that the back end of my aquarium was lower then the front because the water was on an angle. i know it's bad if it's not level but should i be worried over a tiny angle like that? nothings happened and it's been that way for a week now .

The tank being level is not as important as it being twisted.
if it is the same amount "out of level" on both sides, and the front and back is dead level, you won't have to much of a problem.

Its easy enough to level. Use wood shims under the stand. Youcan do this even after it is set up, carpeting makes it easiest to get the shim started.

Is it possible to shim the tank itself? I'm assuming so but I'm unsure if it would create unwanted pressure on the bottom of the tank itself

a shim would be too hard. the tank is big and it's on a hardwood floor. but it's level going the other way so i think it will be fine. thanks for your reply's! :)

How much is it out by? Unlevel tanks actually quite freak me out. I wouldn't use a shim under the tank, only under the table. Depending on how big the tank is, during a 50% pwc using some kind of diy lever you can get something under the lower table legs. I have done this on my 55 gallon with success.

mines ontop a 5 foot tall dresser ( solid antique, very sturdy thick wood ) its a 29 and its leaning forward a bit, but very stable

Back
Top Bottom