LFS not co-operating with anenome issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry for your problem. Sometimes the LFS has to learn that we are the customer and not them. I would just try to keep it. Maybe the clowns will host it but the odds are slim. IME they host corals better at least in my tank anyway.

Not sure how local this is for you, but trading with a club member might be a good idea.

Florida Reef Club a Reefing Community - Index

Some LFS are just that way: No returns, no exchanges but not sure why they want do a store credit. I would try your local reef community as mentioned before. They are always trading and selling through them.

Also you could file a complaint through the BBB maybe that might get someone's attention.
Facebook and all those kinds of stuff....Let people know how they treat their customers.

Ok. was just wondering if I should get the bubble anemone since thats got more hosting potential. I feel the LFS did contribute to this mess. I spent over an hour in there talking about my tank and what I was gonna put in it. I was point blank told that it was perfect for my tank and clowns would get along with it no problem. he wanted to sell me the clowns to the same day. So I feel they helped in my bad choice. But the majority of the blame goes to me, that I know.

My opinion is no on another anemone. I know you've already been told that your tank isn't mature enough for an anemone, and it's obvious there's not much to be done about the one you already have. Getting another, IMO, is a worse idea.
One of the mentors said something to this effect a couple weeks ago: you think your tank is stable. Your levels appear to be good. But throughout the day, as a young tank, the levels are fluctuating all day. That's one of the reasons an anemone is suggested for a mature tank.

Ya know, Jenatron has a GREAT point. If you can get rid of this one, don't be too quick to get another just yet. Give it a few months past the new tank status you're currently at.

Innovator said:
I'm not sure I understand, you wanted a pink-tipped Haitian? These are Condylactis spp., usually passiflora so if this is correct then either way you would be purchasing a condy.

I agree with this... Condy is nice.. U dont like it?

Diablito

Mine moved to the furthermost corner he could find and hasn't moved since he got here. I thought they liked high light, this one found a shady spot lol

Here's mine in my 29 gallon Biocube. This is also the same Maroon clown I've had for two years (now in my 90). Note the green hair algae as my tank was still fairly new when it was added. It never moved from this spot and my other nem has not moved either. Both stayed in their respective spots I put them in for over a year.

What worked for me was to choose a spot to put the nem foot into. They like to put their foot into deep holes or crevices in your live rock. That way, they can anchor down into a spot and also retract if needed. Of course, this is a BTA and not a Condy...

I second the thought of finding a local reef club and going from there. Good luck.

Attachments

• image-246241972.jpg
    image-246241972.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 93
You really should post some bad reviews on a number of sites, complain on their FB page....go all out. I hate when business owners treat their bread and butter like that!

I've been to every other store within a 2 hour range and everyone of them has heard bad things about "Pets 4 less" in Deland Florida. Even though its almost down the block I will never buy there again. They had some cool stuff too but I won't condone treating customers so poorly.

They lost out. i just bought 2 corals somewhere else and plan on getting a bunch more today and tomorrow. And then of course they lost the sale of my 4 fish I'm buying. This place wont last.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I know I'm partially to blame but customer service should be priority #1.

We've got 2 okay fish stores, about 2 hours away from Deltona, in Palm Bay/Melbourne.
West Melbourne Aquatics genuinely cares about their fish and their customers, I'm unsure of their return policy.
Trident Pets I don't have a lot of experience with, I'll ask Corey (iDreamInSaltwater) and I'll edit his opinion in. :) From being in there a few times, they look good. I hear good things about them from other aquarists as well.
They're not mind-blowing fantastic, but if you're just looking for other options they're not too bad, within 2 hours.
If you do happen to check our stores out, stay clear of Nahacky's, they're a little sketchy.

Thanks Jen! I think I may have lucked out in the last few days. I've been going to a place called amazing aquariums in Daytona and Fishie Things in Longwood.

The guy in daytona after checking my water wouldnt sell me any corals. My phosphates were too high he said. Now if thats not a guy looking out for his customers i don't know what is. lol And it's only an hour each way.

I'm starting to be able to read the B.S that the fish stores are trying to throw at me hehehe

Yeah, once you've spent a little time on here, you can sense when the LFS is BSing. It's true. :lol:

But that's cool about your LFS. West Melbourne Aquatics refused to sell a customer a relatively new shipment of fish because some of them had died soon after delivery. He was worried they weren't going to make it, so told him to come back in a week and see. It's always nice when you experience a LFS who really cares.

The guy in Daytona is a marine biologist. I went to order my fish and expected that after they came in he would hand them over. he keeps his new livestock qt'd then he puts them together (the clowns im looking at) til they pair up THEN I can come pick them up. I thought at the time it was super anal retentive but is that overkill?

Well, People, this has turned into a very useful thread. I thank everyone for not preaching and being straight forword in their advice. This is what makes AA a great forum.

I gotta say I was very pleased with the amount of information this one thread has given me. Everyone makes mistakes and people weren't judgemental at all. i really appreciate that.

Not only am I addicted to fish tanks but now to this forum!

Back
Top Bottom