LFS question, may be out on a limb...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HopefulHobbiest

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i don't have the slightest idea how many members are on this forum or how many live in Virginia(USA).

but i have a question and i was hoping that at least one person would have an answer..

i've tried to google LFS in my area and all i get are food places and the D.C./Baltimore Aquariums.

does ANYONE know if there are any LFS in Arlington/McClean, Virginia??

all i have been able to find is Petsmart and Petco..

thanks in advance

I learned long ago, you can never put the word "aquarium" into your search for stores. It does bring you to aquariums. You also can't put "fish" because it brings you to every seafood restaurant. LOL

I always search "pet supplies (your location)". Works every time. ;)

LyndaB said:
I learned long ago, you can never put the word "aquarium" into your search for stores. It does bring you to aquariums. You also can't put "fish" because it brings you to every seafood restaurant. LOL

I always search "pet supplies (your location)". Works every time. ;)

Yep! Took me so long to realize this!

Most of the fish stores within the beltway leave a lot to be desired. Confessional aquarium in Rockville is one of the better LFS. I always make the drive to the house of tropicals in Glen Burnie. They have it all, great place to check out on the weekend.

Cobra said:
Most of the fish stores within the beltway leave a lot to be desired. Confessional aquarium in Rockville is one of the better LFS. I always make the drive to the house of tropicals in Glen Burnie. They have it all, great place to check out on the weekend.

I so want to check them out but last time I went to MD on a weekend it was a 6 hour ordeal. One way -__-

It is not as painful as a drive as you might think, but if you wanted to keep it within the beltway, Prestine Aquariums has an interesting selection. But without a doubt, if you want anything hard to find, go to House of Tropicals.

As far as the house of tropics go they do have a big selection but I would advise going somewhere esle of your willing to drive that far. Iv been going there for a while and recently iv noticed their care level is almost non exsistant. I watch ppl "clean" their tanks last week. It was pitiful. Each tank took about 2 seconds and I watched them leave 13 dead fish in the displays. No joke. I'm extremly dissapointed In them now.

German Blue Rams...I can not speak on how they clean the tanks, but it does not surprise me if someone says they don't spend much time cleaning the tanks.

Awesome... At least now I know where to get them... I thought I was going to have to order them offline... Now I know I go to pristine and actually hope to find a paired group of GBR. Thank you so much for pointing that out :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom