LFS review - Fin & Feather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cal91666

Aquarium Advice Freak
Fin & Feather Pet Center Inc. - www.fin-feather.com
I have a mixed review of this LFS. My first impression was that this stores prices were on the high side, for example Turbo snails for $4.99 each while all of the other LFS in the area are averaging $2.99 each. I've yet to visit this store on a day when they have a lot of SW livestock but have found that what they do have tends to be quality and this is the only store that has offered any kind of SW fish guarantee in writing. They offer a 50% replacement guarantee on SW fish for 7 days from sale. Invertebrates are not guaranteed. On a scale of 1 being low to 10 being high I would rate this store 7.

To add to this review. I give them a 6 in the FW category. I was there almost two weeks ago and over half their stock appeared to have some kind of health issue. (Lots of Ich.) They were cleaning the tanks that day so I assume they treated the water after that. My followup visit at the beginning of this week showed a big improvement in health quality.

I agree that they're prices are somewhat high compared to other LFS I've been to. I wouldn't mind the prices if they're live stock was in better shape though...

PS - Customer service was great during both of my visits.

Not impressed, just purchased a bad batch of Bio-Spira from them and my ammonia levels are sky high. Needless to say, I will won't shop there again.

just went to fin & feather man thats the worst lfs i have been to.The whole place stunk like old water.And didnt have any canister filters.But i have to say the best lfs i have see is richmond aquarium.There equipment over price like all the rest but the fish are top notch.The people there know what there doing.

Back
Top Bottom