LFS vs Ordering Online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ianeberle

Aquarium Advice Freak
I live in Florida and there's a ton of awesome LFS around, but they're so expensive! Everything there is AT LEAST retail cost, if not marked up 10%. On the other hand, Amazon.com has the same items for way less.

Because of this, I normally order my fish stuff from Amazon. I like to help out the local economy and people who run the LFS, but I can't afford to spend more money on the same exact things...

Where do you get aquarium supplies from?

Yeah I get my chemicals online. Then food, lights etc I get from Lfs. I usually buy fish from the Lfs but I do buy fish which aren't in my Lfs online.

The only thing I buy at my LFS is fish, but if they don't have it in stock, I go online. They can custom order anything you want, but it was going to cost me twice as much money to custom order crystal red shrimp with the LFS than it would be to order them online.

I just bought a T5HO light for my 36 gallon and it was $140 at the LFS or $99 online.

I Only buy fish from LFS. Corals and plants from local hobbyist. Equipment from online and craigslist. I also buy small items at lfs such as fish food.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom