Light/Dark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orionvierling

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have been leaving my tank light on 24/7. My wife mentioned that maybe I should turn it off some. So I thought I would ask if it would affect the fish. Any ideas?? Thank you in advance

Fishare just like people and need at least 12 hours of dark so they can rest but most of us leave are lights on for 8-10 hours to help control algae issues that arise from too much light

+1 with blase. Plants & fish need a day/night cycle. My lights are on 8-9 hrs per day, depends on the tank.

I have 6 LED moonlights built into my 220g light fixture and they are nice to have.

Rivercats, I'd like to see your 220 w/the moonlights.

Once the haze finishes clearing... it's alot better today but still has some. At least now my FX5 is back up and running and all the planting is done. It has to be since I only have about a 5" triangle of open substrate left in the front of the tank :whistle:

The only problem with those built in moonlights is that my tank is 30 inches deep with 2 cross supports so 6 really don't do the tank justice. But once it clears I'll get a couple pic's.

Thank you all

Thanks all for the help. So....my wife was right...sigh. I should have known...LOL
LED moonlights? Never heard of those. Can you get them at PetSmart?

I've seen them at our Pet Smart but if you can find them there you can look on line.

Petsmart and petco both have Marinelands hidden LED strips that work really well, they also have marineland accent lighting that work great too if you just want a blue one. I have the larger LED strip in my 55 and it looks awesome. Truelumen also makes some blue led options, I have them on my 20 gallon.

The Marineland LEDs are a good option, but Petsmart only carries the Single Bright system, which in my opinion is not bright enough for any kind of tank. Look online for the Double Bright LEDs, which have 4 moonlight LEDs. They're going to be a little more expensive than the Single Bright, but well worth it.

David

DavidAl said:
The Marineland LEDs are a good option, but Petsmart only carries the Single Bright system, which in my opinion is not bright enough for any kind of tank. Look online for the Double Bright LEDs, which have 4 moonlight LEDs. They're going to be a little more expensive than the Single Bright, but well worth it.

David

I was only talking about having their hidden LED strip or their "accent LEDs" for their moonlight capabilities. I've had the double bright and was super disappointed. But like I said, the other options they have I'm in love with.

Back
Top Bottom